Skip to content
Bean Caribe Chili
Cook Time: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Chili loaded with beans, peppers and spices.
- 2 can Original Baked Beans
- 1 can Joan of Arc® Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Joan of Arc® Black Beans
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 sweet red or green pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp jerk spice
- 24 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed
- Sauté onions, pepper and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent and golden. Mix in seasonings, spices and brown sugar and remove from heat.
- Add to beans in large cook pot, then add corn, tomatoes and pineapple. Simmer for 1/2 hour before serving. May be heated in a slow cooker for two hours, with water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Serve with salsa, cheese and sour cream with rice or tortilla chips.