Vegetarian Bean Chowder
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- A great chowder for the cold weather.
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 16 oz whole tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup potatoes, raw, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat oil: add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 13 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish, combine onion, oil, potato and water.
- Microwave, covered, on high 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Microwave, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.