Skip to content
Baked Bean Jambalaya
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- What could be better than chicken with beans, sausage and tomatoes?
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Polaner® Chopped Garlic
- 4 oz smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced
- 4 oz ham steak, cut into chunks
- 1 cup converted white rice, uncooked
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained (1 14.5-oz. can)
- 14.5 oz chicken broth (1 14.5-oz. can)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4-1/2 can Original Baked Beans
- 4 tsp Trappey's® Louisiana Hot Sauce
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil, cook chicken chunks 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and tender.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate; set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan.
- Over medium-high heat, cook onion, pepper, celery and garlic for 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Push vegetables to one side of pan.
- Place kielbasa and ham on other side of pan.
- Cook separately, stirring frequently, 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meats are lightly browned.
- Stir rice into meat and vegetables in skillet; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until coated with oil.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, thyme and bay leaf; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in cooked chicken, beans and hot sauce; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf.